Forest Gardening / Food Forests Seminar Outline
Unlike the taught forest gardening course, this course will be based very much around the participants, inviting them to talk about their own gardens and discussing their successes and failures. It should be a good way of troubleshooting problems you are having and getting good ideas for trying new things. Will include several visits into the Dartington forest garden to concentrate on areas which have been highlighted by participants. Course led by Martin Crawford.
Course size: up to 16 participants.
The course will run 9.30-5.00 on Saturday & 9.30-4.30 on Sunday.
Course fees – £180 (non-residential) includes lunches (vegetarian) + teas/coffees etc.
Reduced rate places are sometimes available if you are low waged / unwaged – please enquire
You will be sent further course details and directions a month or so before the course.
If the course you are interested in is full and you are able to attend at short notice, please email us and we can put you on a reserve list in case of a cancellation.
If you want to purchase any books, seeds or plants when you are on the course, please let us know 2 weeks beforehand so that we can get them ready for you.
Food on the course
- A large selection of coffee, teas, herb teas, cows and soya milk, juice available throughout the day
- We provide a ‘help yourself’ buffet-style lunch.
- We support organic and local as much as we can.
- All the food is vegetarian – there will be 2 grain-based salads eg rice, quinoa, millet + a green salad each day.
- There will be local bread, ricecakes, oatcakes, nut butters, homemade jams and chutneys, homemade lentil and chestnut pate
- A selection of local cheese.
- Fresh fruit in season.
- Apart from the local cheese board, all food is suitable for vegans.
- There is a range of gluten-free dishes to choose
- Please note some salads contain nuts and food is prepared in a kitchen where food containing gluten is prepared.
Because of the big demand for our courses – and because we rely as a small charity on the income to survive – we have to apply this policy strictly.
In the event of the course being cancelled you will be completely refunded.
In the event of you cancelling your place:
- prior to 6 weeks before the course you will get a 100% refund;
- 2-6 weeks before the course you will get a 50% refund, unless we can refill your place in which case you will get an 80% refund;
- less than 2 weeks before the course and you will not be due a refund unless we can refill the place, in which case you will get an 80% refund.